AV and Production
Production Services Manager @ Freeman
2015 – 2020
Provide direct supervision and management of the Production Managers, Video Specialists, and Audio Specialists to ensure Freeman Audio Visual’s quality standards are met for all productions.
Work in conjunction with other department heads and branch Operations Managers to provide resources required to execute events.
Work as an integral member of the operations team to provide leadership and assists in the overall planning and coordination of events produced by the branch.
• Supervise and schedule Production Managers, Video Specialists and Audio Specialists to ensure they follow Company procedures and employee policies.
• Assists the Director of Operations in the overall planning and coordination of events.
• Proactively seeks out show equipment and personnel requirements for all branch produced events in order to increase advance planning and proper resource allocation.
• Recruits and schedules freelance and part time technical labor.
• Assists other branch department heads as needed.
• Reviews operational procedures and make recommendations for improvements to enhance operational efficiencies.
• Assists Sales in preparing bids and in the proper specifying of equipment and labor.
• Conducts performance reviews in accordance with The Freeman Companies personnel policies
• Promotes motivation, communication, teamwork and positive attitude between all personnel and customers.
Audio Visual Tech @ Chicago Stagehand
2009 – 2012
Establish positive, respectful and considerate working relationships and partnerships with all team members.
Efficiently and effectively communicate clients needs and expectations to all appropriate individuals or departments to ensure the highest level of client satisfaction.
Create a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction.
Establish frequent and appropriate contact with prospective clients to build relationships and effectively communicate the features and benefits of using our audio visual services. Ability to create and give client presentations.
Assist in creating programs to increase and improve audio visual services. Act as liaison between supporting audio visual department and the client. Oversee the client proposal / invoice process, keep track of event finances, including securing payment.
Assist with setting and standardizing best practices within the audio visual departments geared towards creating a better client experience and more efficient business processes.
Ensure proper and seamless transition of client to appropriate audio visual production personnel, including communication of all logistics and client expectations to ensure client needs are satisfied. Make decisions in the use and pricing of equipment that will maximize profits.
Stay current and knowledgeable of the latest industry equipment, technology, services, and best practices
Production Manager @ Freeman
2012 – 2015
Works closely with the Account Executives in the design and development of responses to RFP’s.
Partners with Account Executives in the operational coordination of assigned events within established budgets.
Researches technical limitations of show venues to determine staging limitations and budget impacts. Manages and communicates show requirements and budget limitations to assigned show staff.
Creates and oversees staging designs to ensure they work within venue limitations and budget parameters. Specifies and requests appropriate equipment and local labor needs for shows. Reviews all purchases and cross-rentals and their budget impact with the Account Executive. Oversees scenic construction to ensure it is within established show design parameters.
Generates and maintains a complete and accurate Production Book for each event.
Generates, distributes and follows the Production Schedule.
Coordinates the transportation of equipment and cross-rentals to and from show site.
Coordinates and supervises on-site labor and reviews any labor budget impacts with Account Executive.
Coordinates and manages on-site production and calls show cues when required.
Submits all show related paperwork, expense reports, labor payroll sheets, etc. in a neat and timely fashion.
Senior Talent Agent @ NUTS, LTD.
2004 – 2008
Responsible for securing employment opportunities for roster of clients, which may include performers, screenwriters, composers, designers, and a number of other creative professionals in the entertainment industry.